The former Sao Vang airport was used for military purpose, but now it serves for both military and civil flights and renamed Tho Xuan airport. Located in the North Central region, Tho Xuan airport is an important transport bridge between Thanh Hoa city and the region. It is the 22nd airport in Vietnam’s airport network.
- International name: THo Xuan Airport (THD)
- Address: Sao Vang town, Tho Xuan district, Thanh Hoa province
- Tel: 0237.830.707
- Website: http://thdair.vn
- IATA code: THD
- ICAO: VVTX
- Runway: the dimension of 3200m x50m
- Apron: 04 parking spaces
- Airport level: 4C
- Terminal passenger: the scale of 1150 m2, the clearance capacity: 600.000 passengers/year, serving 190 passengers /peak hour, fully equipped with equipment for aviation and non-aviation.
Tho Xuan airport is one of the fastest growing airports in the country with good infrastructure. The new passenger terminal with modern equipment, ILS Instrument Landing System and aviation signal system are invested to upgrade the capacity of receiving, to ensure safety and exploitation.
|China Southern Airlines -> 874 USD||United Airlines -> 1,009 USD||China Eastern Airlines <-> 1,000 USD||Malaysia Airline -> 457 USD|
|Silk Air -> 992 USD||Air Canada -> 4,758 USD||Gulf Air <-> 1,050 USD||Etihad Airways -> 1,737 USD|
|Garuda Indonesia -> 1,027 USD||Hahn Air <-> 467 USD||Vietjet Air -> 37 USD||All Nippon Airways <-> 956 USD|
|Qatar Airways -> 587 USD||Thai Airways -> 304 USD||Jetstar Airways -> 28 USD||Dragon Airlines <-> 745 USD|
|Turkish Airlines -> 545 USD||Shenzhen Airlines -> 499 USD||Deutsche Lufthansa -> 6,680 USD||Cathay Pacific Airways -> 356 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Can Tho 45 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Nha Trang 37 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Da Nang 44 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Ho Chi Minh City 28 USD||Da Nang -> Thanh Hoa 34 USD||Nha Trang -> Thanh Hoa 39 USD||Can Tho -> Thanh Hoa 37 USD||Ho Chi Minh City -> Thanh Hoa 28 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Kuching 246 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Tallinn 2,344 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Tel Aviv 1,107 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Phnom Penh 137 USD||Thanh Hoa <-> Moscow 1,234 USD||Thanh Hoa <-> Amsterdam 6,208 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Dusseldorf 1,005 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Vientiane 201 USD||Thanh Hoa <-> Chicago 1,109 USD||Thanh Hoa <-> Shanghai 387 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Queenstown 1,343 USD||Thanh Hoa <-> London 1,186 USD|
The popular airlines and flights are operating in Tho Xuan airport in Thanh Hoa including:
Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, Jetstar Pacific Airlines
Thanh Hoa- Ho Chi Minh city
Jetstar Pacific Airlines
Thanh Hoa – Buon Me Thuot
Thanh Hoa – Nha Trang
In 2017, Thanh Hoa province officially opened direct flights from Thanh Hoa to Bangkok (Thailand). The flights are made in the form of charter flights. This route is the beginning of the upgrade of Tho Xuan airport into an international airport.
- Catering services
- ATM services
- Free charging devices
Passengers can choose many transportations to move to or from Tho Xuan Thanh Hoa airport:
- Taxi: Currently, some popular taxi firms operate in the airport are: Mai Linh, Mekong, Bac Trung Nam and Rang Dong. The price fluctuates from 450.000/turn from the city center of Thanh Hoa to the airport or vice versa. Passengers can book taxi online to get the reasonable price.
- Bus: Passengers can take bus 19 to move from the city center to the airport. The fare is 15.000 VND/pax for the route under 20km, and 25.000 VND/pax for the longer route.
- Cars: Cars usually park outside the station to serve passengers moving to other districts and towns of Thanh Hoa. The price will vary from 50,000 to 100,000 VND depending on arrival destination.
- The shuttle car of Vietnam Airlines: depending on the trip, you will be free or charge fee
- Motorbike: You can catch a motorbike right outside the airport, but you should bargain for the reasonable price.
Tourists can get more information about airfare and schedule of fight from/to Tho Xuan airport on the website of AloTrip. AloTrip- a reliable website providing cheap airfares and useful travel information to give tourists a perfect and meaningful journey.