The former Sao Vang airport was used for military purpose, but now it serves for both military and civil flights and renamed Tho Xuan airport. Located in the North Central region, Tho Xuan airport is an important transport bridge between Thanh Hoa city and the region. It is the 22nd airport in Vietnam’s airport network.
- International name: THo Xuan Airport (THD)
- Address: Sao Vang town, Tho Xuan district, Thanh Hoa province
- Tel: 0237.830.707
- Website: http://thdair.vn
- IATA code: THD
- ICAO: VVTX
- Runway: the dimension of 3200m x50m
- Apron: 04 parking spaces
- Airport level: 4C
- Terminal passenger: the scale of 1150 m2, the clearance capacity: 600.000 passengers/year, serving 190 passengers /peak hour, fully equipped with equipment for aviation and non-aviation.
Tho Xuan airport is one of the fastest growing airports in the country with good infrastructure. The new passenger terminal with modern equipment, ILS Instrument Landing System and aviation signal system are invested to upgrade the capacity of receiving, to ensure safety and exploitation.
|Dragon Airlines <-> 686 USD||Etihad Airways -> 1,688 USD||Asiana Airlines -> 593 USD||Qatar Airways -> 575 USD|
|Garuda Indonesia <-> 657 USD||Vietnam Airlines -> 34 USD||South African Airways <-> 1,980 USD||All Nippon Airways <-> 935 USD|
|Deutsche Lufthansa -> 6,537 USD||Lao Airlines -> 683 USD||Hong Kong Airlines -> 1,034 USD||Silk Air -> 971 USD|
|Klm Royal Dutch Airlines -> 3,425 USD||Philippine Airlines -> 1,802 USD||Thai Airways -> 298 USD||Air Canada -> 2,005 USD|
|Gulf Air <-> 1,027 USD||United Airlines -> 988 USD||Hahn Air -> 418 USD||Srilankan Airlines -> 502 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Ho Chi Minh City 27 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Con Dao 97 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Can Tho 39 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Phu Quoc 48 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Qui Nhon 45 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Da Nang 44 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Nha Trang 36 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Ban Me Thuot 47 USD|
|Thanh Hoa -> Dalat 46 USD||Ho Chi Minh City -> Thanh Hoa 27 USD||Con Dao -> Thanh Hoa 96 USD||Da Nang -> Thanh Hoa 33 USD||Phu Quoc -> Thanh Hoa 45 USD||Qui Nhon -> Thanh Hoa 47 USD||Can Tho -> Thanh Hoa 36 USD||Nha Trang -> Thanh Hoa 38 USD||Ban Me Thuot -> Thanh Hoa 46 USD||Dalat -> Thanh Hoa 42 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Kathmandu 512 USD||Thanh Hoa -> Mexico City 2,726 USD|
The popular airlines and flights are operating in Tho Xuan airport in Thanh Hoa including:
Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, Jetstar Pacific Airlines
Thanh Hoa- Ho Chi Minh city
Jetstar Pacific Airlines
Thanh Hoa – Buon Me Thuot
Thanh Hoa – Nha Trang
In 2017, Thanh Hoa province officially opened direct flights from Thanh Hoa to Bangkok (Thailand). The flights are made in the form of charter flights. This route is the beginning of the upgrade of Tho Xuan airport into an international airport.
- Catering services
- ATM services
- Free charging devices
Passengers can choose many transportations to move to or from Tho Xuan Thanh Hoa airport:
- Taxi: Currently, some popular taxi firms operate in the airport are: Mai Linh, Mekong, Bac Trung Nam and Rang Dong. The price fluctuates from 450.000/turn from the city center of Thanh Hoa to the airport or vice versa. Passengers can book taxi online to get the reasonable price.
- Bus: Passengers can take bus 19 to move from the city center to the airport. The fare is 15.000 VND/pax for the route under 20km, and 25.000 VND/pax for the longer route.
- Cars: Cars usually park outside the station to serve passengers moving to other districts and towns of Thanh Hoa. The price will vary from 50,000 to 100,000 VND depending on arrival destination.
- The shuttle car of Vietnam Airlines: depending on the trip, you will be free or charge fee
- Motorbike: You can catch a motorbike right outside the airport, but you should bargain for the reasonable price.
Tourists can get more information about airfare and schedule of fight from/to Tho Xuan airport on the website of AloTrip. AloTrip- a reliable website providing cheap airfares and useful travel information to give tourists a perfect and meaningful journey.