Hong Kong International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, the trading gateway of the whole Asia and the world. The airport was built on reclaimed land on the island of Chek Lap Kok. It took 6 years to complete. It deserves to be considered one of the most exciting destinations of any tourists who have the opportunity to set the foot on this land.
- International name: Hong Kong International Airport
- Address: 1Sky Plaza Rd, Check Lap Kok, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 (0)2188711
- IATA code: HKG
- ICAO code: VHHH
- Hong Kong International Airport is serving about 80 million visitors and 9 million tons cargo every year.
- The scale of more than 12km2 with the total of 70 boarding gates including 5 gates used for large and modern aircrafts.
- There are 2 terminals: T1 terminal with an area of 570.000 m2 and T2 with skyplaza.
- 2 runways: the length of 3800m
- Service hour: 24/24
Jeju Air -> 90 USD Jet Airways -> 367 USD Uzbekistan Airways -> 529 USD Philippine Airlines -> 111 USD Atlasjet Airlines -> 833 USD Lan Airlines -> 1,279 USD Saudi Arabian Airlines -> 1,386 USD Eva Airways -> 114 USD Jetblue Airways -> 894 USD Alitalia -> 494 USD Belavia -> 532 USD Air Niugini -> 415 USD Mandarin Airlines -> 144 USD Asiana Airlines -> 202 USD Lam -> 738 USD Emirates Airlines -> 139 USD Mongolian Airlines -> 325 USD Malindo Airways -> 64 USD Singapore Airlines -> 121 USD Avianca - Aerovias <-> 1,342 USD Hongkong -> Natal 507 USD Hongkong -> Abu Simbel 929 USD Hongkong -> Ponta Delgada 616 USD Hongkong <-> Dayton 928 USD Hongkong -> Mandalay 224 USD Hongkong <-> Karlovy Vary 6,133 USD Hongkong -> Bloemfontein 636 USD Hongkong -> Puerto Montt 704 USD Hongkong <-> Qianjiang Wulingshan 861 USD Hongkong -> Paris 848 USD Hongkong <-> Rovaniemi 889 USD Hongkong -> Manaus 508 USD Hongkong -> Popondetta 551 USD Hongkong -> Jingdezhen 413 USD Hongkong -> Sarajevo 443 USD Hongkong <-> Francistown 1,695 USD Hongkong <-> Chizhou 984 USD Hongkong -> Ft McMurray 597 USD Hongkong <-> Ciudad Del Carmen 2,016 USD Hongkong -> Gillette 924 USD
Currently, there are more than 90 airlines regularly operating in Hong Kong Airport with destinations in more than 150 cities around the world.
HongKong Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, Hong Kong Express Airways are popular airlines at the airport in Hongkong. The airlines are operating flights to domestic and international destinations in Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia, Australia, Africa, America and Europe.
There are also many airlines that serve flight from Hong Kong International Airport to most countries around the world such as Sichuan Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Vanilla Air, Virgin Atlantic, Xiamen Airlines, Transaero Airlines Swiss International Air Lines, SriLankan Airlines, Spring Airlines, South African Airways, Scandinavian Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Royal Brunei Airlines....
According to Skytrax, Hong Kong Airport was voted as "the best airport in the world" by visitors for many years. At the airport, many services and utilities are provided to satisfy all visitors who have come here.
- Airport Ambassadors: If you get lost and need to find a way, look for the airport staff in the red uniform. They are called Airport Ambassadors - who will guide, assist and help you to get to the desired place at the airport.
- ATM service
- Currency exchange service
- Free Wifi/ Internet
- Aviation discovery center
- Children’s TV Lounges & Play Areas
- Caring corner: used for the disabled, pregnant women and the elder.
- Information desk
- Imax cinema
- Baggage service
- Mobile charging
- Rest zone
To move from the airport to the city center and vise versa, visitors can choose one of following means:
-Taxi: Taxi is the easiest way to get to the city center. You should find out information at the taxi counters in the airport and ask for a bill to avoid the case of forgetting the personal items on the car.
- Bus: This is the popular public transport in Hong Kong because of its convenience and price. It costs about 40 HKD.
- Electric train: The price ranges from 0 to 140HKD / round-trip. Electric train operates from 5:50 am to 0:50 am the next morning so you easily move by this means.
Tourists can get more information about airfare and schedule of fight from/to Hong Kong International Airport on the website of AloTrip. AloTrip is the great choice for tourists who are looking for the cheap flights as well as the useful information to enjoy the most complete and meaningful travels.