Hong Kong International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, the trading gateway of the whole Asia and the world. The airport was built on reclaimed land on the island of Chek Lap Kok. It took 6 years to complete. It deserves to be considered one of the most exciting destinations of any tourists who have the opportunity to set the foot on this land.
- International name: Hong Kong International Airport
- Address: 1Sky Plaza Rd, Check Lap Kok, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 (0)2188711
- IATA code: HKG
- ICAO code: VHHH
- Hong Kong International Airport is serving about 80 million visitors and 9 million tons cargo every year.
- The scale of more than 12km2 with the total of 70 boarding gates including 5 gates used for large and modern aircrafts.
- There are 2 terminals: T1 terminal with an area of 570.000 m2 and T2 with skyplaza.
- 2 runways: the length of 3800m
- Service hour: 24/24
Air Pacific -> 421 USD Alaska Airlines <-> 763 USD Mongolian Airlines -> 332 USD Shanghai Airlines -> 439 USD Uni Airways Corporation -> 280 USD Livingston <-> 5,086 USD Royal Jordanian -> 143 USD Myanmar Airways -> 858 USD Air Canada -> 299 USD Royal Brunei Airlines -> 190 USD Shandong Airlines -> 160 USD JC International Airlines -> 306 USD South African Airways <-> 613 USD Bulgaria Air <-> 489 USD Finnair <-> 566 USD Philippine Airlines -> 113 USD Air Macau -> 365 USD Emirates Airlines -> 154 USD Virgin Atlantic Airways <-> 830 USD Scandinavian <-> 480 USD Hongkong -> San Jose 859 USD Hongkong -> Fukuoka 308 USD Hongkong -> Vijayawada 509 USD Hongkong <-> Leticia 3,840 USD Hongkong <-> Lamezia Terme 1,184 USD Hongkong -> Handan 257 USD Hongkong -> Karaganda 539 USD Hongkong -> Gander 797 USD Hongkong <-> Bagdogra 489 USD Hongkong -> Belgaum 1,226 USD Hongkong <-> Eugene 692 USD Hongkong -> Aalesund 791 USD Hongkong -> Hamburg 721 USD Hongkong <-> Ostersund 1,108 USD Hongkong <-> Lorient 1,529 USD Hongkong <-> Angeles City 696 USD Hongkong -> Peshawar 601 USD Hongkong <-> Red Lake 1,593 USD Hongkong <-> Stornoway 684 USD Hongkong <-> Redmond Bend 459 USD
Currently, there are more than 90 airlines regularly operating in Hong Kong Airport with destinations in more than 150 cities around the world.
HongKong Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, Hong Kong Express Airways are popular airlines at the airport in Hongkong. The airlines are operating flights to domestic and international destinations in Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia, Australia, Africa, America and Europe.
There are also many airlines that serve flight from Hong Kong International Airport to most countries around the world such as Sichuan Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Vanilla Air, Virgin Atlantic, Xiamen Airlines, Transaero Airlines Swiss International Air Lines, SriLankan Airlines, Spring Airlines, South African Airways, Scandinavian Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Royal Brunei Airlines....
According to Skytrax, Hong Kong Airport was voted as "the best airport in the world" by visitors for many years. At the airport, many services and utilities are provided to satisfy all visitors who have come here.
- Airport Ambassadors: If you get lost and need to find a way, look for the airport staff in the red uniform. They are called Airport Ambassadors - who will guide, assist and help you to get to the desired place at the airport.
- ATM service
- Currency exchange service
- Free Wifi/ Internet
- Aviation discovery center
- Children’s TV Lounges & Play Areas
- Caring corner: used for the disabled, pregnant women and the elder.
- Information desk
- Imax cinema
- Baggage service
- Mobile charging
- Rest zone
To move from the airport to the city center and vise versa, visitors can choose one of following means:
-Taxi: Taxi is the easiest way to get to the city center. You should find out information at the taxi counters in the airport and ask for a bill to avoid the case of forgetting the personal items on the car.
- Bus: This is the popular public transport in Hong Kong because of its convenience and price. It costs about 40 HKD.
- Electric train: The price ranges from 0 to 140HKD / round-trip. Electric train operates from 5:50 am to 0:50 am the next morning so you easily move by this means.
Tourists can get more information about airfare and schedule of fight from/to Hong Kong International Airport on the website of AloTrip. AloTrip is the great choice for tourists who are looking for the cheap flights as well as the useful information to enjoy the most complete and meaningful travels.