Mon, 11 May 2020. Last updated Mon, 11 May 2020 10:52
Dam Mon in the Hon Gom peninsula has an area of 128 km2 and a population of over 4000 people. Because of its wildness, Dam Mon is highly appreciated by the World Tourism Organization (WTO) as potential and has the eligibility to become an ideally ecological zone converging natural conditions such as: climate, seasides, forests, landscape, ecological environment, port, seafood supplies, visiting sites and resorts, etc.
Indeed, Dam Mon appeals to tourists with its romantic and extended beaches, clean and blue water, peace in the dense primeval forest and a rustic fishing village. Dam Mon’s beaches are incredibly tranquil with clear-beaded water, which captivates all tourists by the beauty of nature. Being surrounded by Hon Gom and Hon Lon peninsulas in the shape of a bow, Dam Mon’s beaches do not have to suffer from big waves and winds all year round, which facilitates tourists’ exploration and relaxation activities. Furthermore, thanks to the clear water and peaceful sea, Dam Mon’s people started to raise lobster, grouper, cobia, etc., enhancing a considerable income and developing tourism in Nha Trang.
Dam Mon is in Van Thanh commune, Van Ninh district, Khanh Hoa province, also located in Van Phong Bay, 100 km far away from Nha Trang city center to the North. To go to Dam Mon, from Nha Trang city, drive on Highway 1C to Highway 1A to the North for about 80 km. Then, before reaching Dai Lanh beach, you’ll see the right turn toward Dam Mon.
Tourist attractions in Dam Mon
Some popular attractions draw lots of visitors to come such as Dam Mon village, Dam Mon Thuong, Xuan Dung village and more than 20 large and small islands with primeval forests. The appearance of many beaches in Dam Mon like Ong Hao beach, Xuan Dung beach, Me beach, Ong Co beach.... creates an opportunity for tourists to visit the fishing village as well as explore local life. Also, you can go sightseeing as the landscape is full of beauty, which is a wonderful place for amateur or professional photographers.
Visitors can board on a ship to Dam Mon’s large and small islands, discovering the attractiveness of each pristine island. Soaking in clear water under the shimmering sunshine, swimming here is extremely fascinating, thanks to a peaceful beach, long coast and smoothly white sand. Moreover, coming here is a great chance for you to enjoy a variety of fresh seafood dishes. Besides, it is an ideal camping site. Especially to youngsters who go backpacking to this place, don’t forget to bring a tourist tent!
Because Dam Mon is still quite pristine, tourism services here are underdeveloped. Despite the lack of hotels, restaurants or resorts in Dam Mon, you can still experience the pleasure in this peninsula with more “ordinary” services like homestay, etc.
- Lunch or dinner only costs 50,000 VND each person (depending on the dishes).
- Seafood dishes’ price depends on the type chosen.
- Beverages range from 10,000 VND to 20,000 VND depending on the type.
- The price of homestay varies from 50,000 VND to 100,000 VND a day
- Chartering costs from 30,000 VND to 40,000 VND each person.
- In Dam Mon, you can visit the fishing village to learn about local life and go sightseeing as the beauty of the landscape is a wonderful inspiration for both amateur and professional photographers.
- Exploring the ocean with scuba diving service to see corals of all kinds. Corals here are exceptionally beautiful with various colors, which makes it the most amazing oceanic adventure.
- Chartering for a visit to Dam Mon’s large and small islands, uncovering the beauty of each pristine island.
- Soaking in clear water under the glittering sunshine, swimming here is absolutely safe because there is no wave and the surface is quiet with smoothly clean white sand. This is going to be the best beach in Nha Trang.
- Visiting the raising sites of lobster, grouper, cobia, etc. and having a chance to see with your own eyes and touch some-kilogram lobsters or up-to-40-kilogram cobias.
- Enjoying different seafood dishes bought in the fishing village with very cheap price and freshness, which are perfect for a drinking party.
- Camping as this is an ideal camping site so when you come, don’t forget to bring a tourist tent!
All the suggestions above about a good, valuable and reasonable trip to Dam Mon for your reference. Wish you have a fun trip!