According to the Decree of The Ministry of Transportation, proactively taking measures to prevent the Covid-19 epidemic, Vietnam Airlines announced the adjustment of domestic flight schedule from April 1 to April 15, 2020.
- Hanoi- Ho Chi Minh: Vietnam Airlines operates 1 round trip per day.
- Hanoi - Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh - Da Nang: Vietnam Airlines operates 1 round trip per day.
- Other routes: temporarily suspended from April 01 until further notice.
Flight schedules for the upcoming days will be updated constantly on Vietnam Airlines website, mobile app and Facebook fanpages.
Vietnam Airlines will be flexibly operated according to the actual situation during this period. The airline will assist domestic passengers affected by Covid-19 to rebook, reroute or refund tickets according to the airline's current policy.
In addition, Vietnam Airlines implements a number of measures to ensure the passenger safety and prevent the spread of disease to the community as follows:
- Checking body temperature on all flights: Passengers with a body temperature of 37.5 degrees C and above will be refused to carry.
- Passengers must wear face masks during the flights, when entering the airport, and are recommended to keep a minimum distance of 2 meters from others when queuing for check-in or boarding.
- On domestic flights departing from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, passengers sitting in the same row will be arranged by the airline staff at least 01 seat apart from each other to ensure a safe distance.
- Starting 3:00 PM on March 30, 2020, the airline temporarily suspended the right to access in Lotus lounge and Business lounge for eligible Vietnam Airlines customers at domestic airports.
Previously, as requested by authorities, Vietnam Airlines had implemented mandatory medical declarations for passengers before departure on domestic flights. The health declaration can be made via the mobile application Vietnam Health Declaration or website https://tokhaiyte.vn.
- Passengers should fill up online medical declaration form at home within 24 hours before departure for quick and convenient check-in.
- At the check-in counter, Vietnam Airlines places a sign board guiding how to fill out online health declaration form of Ministry of Health for passengers by using QR code. Vietnam Airlines staff will also assist passengers if they have difficulty.
- Vietnam Airlines only accepts check-in for passengers who have a photo of the medical declaration within 24 hours as the name on the ticket.
All flight crews on all Vietnam Airlines flights are equipped with special medical protective gear, including clothing, gloves, masks and eyeglasses. Vietnam Airlines will conduct SARS-CoV-2 testing for all its pilots and flight attendants.